- Complete your NVQ ONLINE from your own place, within 8 weeks’ time.
- To start the course, fill up the application form (click here)
- You will receive the access to your E-PORTFOLIO on your email!
How to complete the course
- Answer the knowledge questions. Your assessor will guide you with correct answers.
- Collect site paperwork (drawings, timesheets, risk assessment etc.)
- Take the pictures and 6 short videos of different working skills, minimum 2 minutes each.
- Once you will complete your NVQ we will claim for your certificate from awarding body.
- The certificate will arrive to you by first class sign for Royal Mail delivery.
How You’ll Learn
This is a fantastic access to work experience as it prepares and qualifies you for the Painting & Decorating industry. As well as practical training and assessment, we will also ensure you have a full understanding of NVQ portfolio building and evidence gathering. Some examples of what you can expect to receive training in are:
- How to interpret manufacturers’ specifications and risk assessments
- Calculating requirements to erect access equipment and working platforms
- Inspecting components and completing reports
- Erecting and working from access equipment and working platforms
- Dismantling and storing components
- How to prepare the following surfaces ready to receive finishing systems:
- Timbers and timber sheet products
- Metal surfaces
- Trowelled finishes
- How to remove previously applied paint and paper ready to receive finishing systems
- To rectify surface conditions, repair and make good surfaces
- How to prepare the work area and protect surrounding areas, furniture and fittings etc
- How to prepare materials for application and apply water-borne and solvent-borne coatings by brush and roller
- Know how to clean, maintain and store brushes and rollers
- Know how to store materials.
Once you have completed the 7 weeks, we have no doubt that your skill level will enable you to find work within the Painting & Decorating industry and immediately start to gather the evidence which will award you your NVQ.
Our training has been developed to help you fully understand how to gather work based evidence, how to enlist the help of an onsite recorder, how to record photographic evidence and so on.
The whole point of this 7 week Painting & Decorating course is to provide you with an underpinning City & Guilds qualification and a very in depth understanding of what is required to gain an NVQ. This combination of training gives you a great opportunity to secure work and achieve additional qualifications.